Catering provides an opportunity to serve foods to the public at special events including weddings, reunions, and business events. To help ensure the safety of guests at gatherings large and small, the following rules apply:
- Caterers are required to obtain a food establishment permit to operate in the Northeast Tri County Region
- A catering business must have access to an approved commercial kitchen for all food preparation, food storage, and sanitizing of dishware
- Caterers nee a sanitary method for transporting foods and equipment to provide temperature control
- Caterers must have appropriate equipment on site for hand washing and proper sanitation
- Caterers need to be trained in food safety
To apply for a food establishment permit to become a licensed caterer, please fill out a plan review application.