Certified Copies of Washington State Birth and Death Certificates are $20.00 each
BIRTH RECORDS: Certified copies of birth certificates for Washington State births from July 1, 1907 to present may be obtained from the Northeast Tri County Health District Colville Vital Records Office located at 240 E. Dominion Ave., Colville, WA 99114.
DEATH RECORDS: The Northeast Tri County Health District Colville Vital Records Office located at 240 E. Dominion Ave., Colville, WA 99114 can issue certificates for deaths that occurred in Ferry, Pend Oreille and Stevens Counties from February 2014 to present as well as deaths occurring in other Washington counties if that record was filed electronically. Call 509-684-2262 for more information or to confirm that the record is available from this office.
Per the Washington State VA Record Request Policy, one of the following are required to issue a free VA record.
- A letter from the VA on official letterhead with claimant name and eligibility for VA benefits
- DD214 for decedent that shows honorable discharge from military service
To obtain a certified copy:
- Walk-in Orders: We accept cash, check, money orders, credit or debit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover).
- Mail Orders: Mail completed Birth Certificate Application or Death Certificate Application with check or money order payable to “Northeast Tri County Health District” or “NETCHD” to 240 E. Dominion Ave., Colville, WA 99114. Do not send cash or credit card information.
- Phone Orders: Call 509-684-1301 to place an order using a credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover). A transaction fee will be applied to credit/debit card charges.
For other death certificates:
- Washington State death records dating back to July 1, 1907 are available from the Washington State Department of Health Center for Health Statistics in Olympia www.doh.wa.gov/ehsphl/chs/cert.htm
Washington State Vital Records Laws: